Pages

Monday, April 15, 2013

Barre-ing it all: 3 months of skating


First off, I apologize for my long hiatus.  As work and skating ramped up, life got a little hectic.  But I am proud to say that today is my 3 month skating anniversary!  I ought to be given stock in IcyHot, seeing as I've probably bought the company out by now.  

This past week, I started taking some beginning ballet classes as a compliment to my ice time.  Many of the movements are quite similar to figure skating, and I'm hoping to gain some grace and musicality out of the deal as well.  I have committed to doing my first competition in August and have three months to buckle down!


 Thrills: 3 turns, mohawks, waltz-eights, forward spirals, two foot spins, waltz jump, salchow, half flip

Spills: Flip jump, loop jump, one foot spin (50% success rate), sit spin    


1 comment:

  1. Ballet will be a huge help with your figure skating, as you progress you will want all the turn-out you can get!

    ReplyDelete