Pages

Friday, March 15, 2013

Adult Skating Essentials

This week I took my first power/edge class.  I was wholly unprepared for this, stopping (a vital skill that I lack) is important to this class).  What it became was unpadded ice-hockey with masochistic self-checking into the boards, an effective momentum-killer. 

Regardless, what I have uncovered is the single most important, barring skates, item to keep in a skating bag. And purse. And car.  Really anywhere.  Drumroll please..... ICY HOT! 

To all my coworkers, I apologize for the menthylated fumes wafting from my desk.   

Spill: Every time I had to stop.  Hello boards, sheet of ice, really anything I could throw my body against

Thrill: nothing beats the feeling of speed and power that comes from wind sprints across the rink

No comments:

Post a Comment