Pages

Friday, March 15, 2013

Lumps and bumps

Week 9 is upon us! Finally I have a consistent two-foot spin and am working my way towards a solid one-foot upright spin.  Waltz jumps are bringing a bit more control and distance and my Salchow is.... well.... mechanically there. 

Next week my instructor is going to help me start to put together my first program!! I am so excited to get the show on the road, so to speak.  I am, however, going to take just a moment to vent about the choice of competition dresses.  In my search, everything seems to be cut for either a 12-year old girl or an 80-year old woman.  

While I love the look of professional skating dresses, wearing 1600 rhinestones and then going out and performing a waltz jump just looks silly. As an adult skater, the difficulty lies in finding age and skill appropriate outfits.  With no sewing ability and little cash, I am neither going to D.I.Y. nor custom design a dress.  For now, I am going to live in my Under Armour compression tights and continue to shop the interwebs for something appropriate while taking up a diet.  I'm going to need it to squeeze into that dress.

No comments:

Post a Comment