Pages

Friday, March 1, 2013

Life on the Edge



I'm ashamed to admit this, but for the past six weeks I had never fully comprehended what 'edges' were or why they were so important.  After a public skating session yesterday, it finally clicked.  Inside edges are the ones by your big toe. Outside edges the ones by your pinky toes.  Why it hadn't up to this point, I couldn't tell you, but with this 'aha' moment both inside and outside 3-turns got cleaned up quickly.  I'm hoping that with this discovery, my spinning will come along because it currently is atrocious. 

In light of my skating educational deficiencies, I have actually enrolled in two concurrent sessions of lessons, as well as a special class entitled "Power Edges".  So, here's to hoping 1.5 hours of group lessons per week plus additional private each week will clean up some of those technical issues that may hold my progress back.

Daily thrill: Edges; hello well-checked 3-turn!
Daily spill: Spinning; Lucinda Ruh- teach me your ways!

No comments:

Post a Comment